Harmony Country Lodge, built in the mid 1920’s, is a unique building, octagonal in shape and located on the very top of a high piece of ground in a rural setting and now has six bedrooms. Although this offers wonderful 360° panoramic views, the building’s design may limit our facilities to some, but we are committed to helping and assisting the guest to the very best of our capabilities. We do have two ground floor rooms in the house with four on the first floor. We do not have a lift. It is with regret that we are not able to cater for guests totally confined to wheelchairs. Every room is en suite and completely non smoking. There is a covered pergola in the grounds with seating that may be used by smokers.
• Assistance to disabled guests is always offered considering our own availability and ability to help. Please detail any special needs and also dietary requests at the time of booking. This will help us to provide the best accommodation and service. Prior to arrival if in any doubt about anything please phone on 01723 870276 or 0800 2985840 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We do accept well behaved pets in some rooms by arrangement but guests must provide pet bedding, bowls and food, and are responsible for pet conduct and cleanliness at all times.
• We are about 5 miles from Scarborough railway station where a taxi or bus can be taken from just outside the forecourt. By prior arrangement a pickup service may be possible to collect you and bring you to the front door.
• If arriving by bus on the Scarborough to Whitby route there is a stop at Burniston Village Hall. From here Harmony is about 600 metres up Limestone Road. It should be noted that this is quite a steep uphill walk. If possible a lift can be arranged from the bus stop to Harmony.
• Suggested taxi firms which are usually cheaper than Station taxis
‘Boro Cars’ Tel (01723) 361111 or 371111 and ‘Nippy Taxis’ (01723) 377377
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities.
• There is adequate private, off-road car parking for all of our guests. The main car park is at the top of the drive and to the left. It is immediately adjacent to the entrance steps with a maximum distance away from a vehicle of about 23 metres. The drive and car park surface is ‘Tarmac’ with a small stone chipping dressing. We also have an overflow car park on the right, just inside the grounds which is gravel held in a modular grid. This is about 80 metres from the guesthouse entrance. Assistance is offered with luggage from the guest’s car to their room but please bring luggage that you are comfortable to carry yourselves and try to keep any suitcases no heavier than 20Kg.
• There are no speed bumps, barriers or dropped kerbs in the drive or car park.
• There is a large plain coloured sign at the entrance with contact telephone number
• Taxis or pick-ups from the station or bus stop can drop off immediately adjacent
to the entrance steps.
• There are 12 steps 1.44metres wide up to the front door. The steps are 140mm (5.5”) high with a tread/going of 575mm (22.5”). There is a wrought iron handrail on the left hand side of the steps, apart from the last two steps to the door.
• There are no special ramps unfortunately because of the impracticalities to make this possible.
If you have any questions to help plan your visit, please let us know.
For a more comprehensive access statement please click here